AMG, which is the short form for Aufecht, Melcher and Großaspach is the division producing performance vehicles for Mercedes Benz acclaimed by enthusiasts all over
the world as a mark of sheer excellence. The team AMG® collaborates with the designers at Mercedes Benz to incorporate high-performance AMG engines and technology in the vehicles. Certain aspects make the Mercedes AMG different. These
aspects are the longitudinal and lateral dynamics, the comfort of the driver, aesthetics on the exterior complimenting the power of the vehicle. Special attention is paid by the Mercedes AMG engineers to the brakes, axles and the body that can offer safety and stability both at higher speeds. In India, the horsepower enhancing collaboration of the Mercedes AMG has to offer a range of AMG – models which include sedans, cabriolets and roadsters, SUV and Coupe.
A stylish and sport sedan, the Mercedes AMG C63 is a symbol of elegance and power. Dynamic exteriors, LED headlamps, solid built quality and impressive sound system make this Mercedes AMG an attractive car.
- Fuel Type: Petrol
- Color: Multiple
- Drive Type:
With driving dynamics at the motor sport level, the AMG GT 63 s is an explosive 4-door Coupe with a sophisticated and powerful V8 engine delivering extraordinary performance and exemplary efficiency.
- Fuel Type: Petrol
- Transmission: Automatic
- Color: Multiple
- Drive Type:
The different vehicles that Mercedes AMG offers in India are as follow: Mercedes AMG E 63S 4MATIC+, Mercedes AMG GT Roadster, Mercedes AMG GT R, Mercedes
AMG G63 4 MATIC, Mercedes AMG GLE 43 Coupe, Mercedes AMG GLC 43 4MATIC
Coupe, Mercedes AMG GT S63 4MATIC+ 4-door Coupe, Mercedes AMG C43 4MATIC
Coupe and Mercedes-AMG S63 Coupe.
- The Sedan segment like the E63 S 4MATIC has been installed with the AMG-SPEEDSHIFT MCT 9- speed Sports Transmission. Along with that design, customization's like the AMG performance seats, AMG exterior packages, AMG ceramic high-performance composite brake system are also offered.
- The AMG GT R and the GT Roadster particularly sporting luxury cars have features like the AMG Ride Control sports suspension, AMG DYNAMIC select which is a driving program, AMG performance steering wheels and bucket seats.
- The beast, Mercedes-AMG G 63 comes with a 4.0-litre V8 bitturbo engine with the AMG SPEEDSHIFT TCT 9G Transmission making the drive more efficient and comfortable. It also has the AMG Performance steering wheel in Nappa leather.
- The GLE 43 Coupe consists of AMG floor mats with lettering and a powerful V6 engine. The Mercedes AMG GLC 43 Coupe if viewed from the side looks magnificent due to the AMG 5-twin-spoke light-alloy wheels with a high sheen finish.
- The AMG Cylinder Management shutoff system is also one of the highlight features. The AMG ride control suspension ensures superior performance whether on the race track or a daily drive. AMG engines also come with the carbon-fibre engine cover making it even more classy.
All you want to know about Mercedes AMG
Mercedes AMG performance brand has its roots in motor sport and has been on the race track for decades. Mercedes AMG is the most successful brand in the history of DTM. The brand also represented itself in Formula 1by the name of Mercedes AMG Petronas Motosport Team. AMG has also been providing Formula 1 Safety car and Medical car since 1996.
What is AMG?
Mercedes AMG GmbH, known to the world as AMG is a high-performance section of the Mercedes Benz. AMG is an independent body that works with engineers and manufacturers to produce the best Mercedes Benz AMG vehicles. The headquarters of AMG is located in Affalterbach, Baden-Württemberg, Germany. Earlier AMG was a fully independent engineering firm which is now wholly owned by Mercedes-Benz AMG which comes under Daimler AG.
In 1965, when the engine won races, Aufrecht gained great reputation but he did not stop there. In 1966, he left Mercedes Benz and partnered with Melcher in a shared business. They started with their headquarters in a former mill.
1990 was a historic year for AMG as it had partnered with Mercedes Benz and was all set to hit the streets through the Mercedes Benz network of sales and services. The Mercedes C36 AMG was their first car together launched in 1993. From then to now, Mercedes Benz AMG has become a true definition of performance, power and luxury.
Pricing & Maintenance
The cars under Mercedes Benz AMG are known for their power and performance. Mercedes Benz
AMG offers some great options in India like the entry-level model Mercedes AMG A35 that cost just
above 40 lakh rupees to the Mercedes Benz GTR which is a sports car and can cost you between 2-2.5
crores. When it comes to maintenance, you can get your Mercedes Benz AMG serviced or repaired at
your nearest authorized Mercedes Benz AMG service centres like Autohangar services.
An AMG Performance Center is the closest you can get to experience the enthusiasm and passion that goes behind a car like the Mercedes Benz AMG. You get the actual feel of the brand and at the same time, the thrill of motor sports.
There are 500 AMG Performance Centers located around the globe. Our experts at AMG are driven by the passion to deliver an excellent driving performance to customers. AMG service experts are the best you can find in the Mercedes Benz organization.
When it comes to power, dynamics and speed, the Mercedes AMG GTR is one of the best cars introduced by AMG.
You can get your Mercedes AMG serviced at your nearest authorized Mercedes-Benz service centre or workshop like Autohangar.